• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 uptime Announcements

uptime Announcements

• Uptime Software
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:47 PM

Service Pack 6 for up.time 4 is now available for download from uptime Client Care online! Upgrading is free for all current support subscribers. SP6 includes new features to improve performance and platform support for all users.

Download SP6 now (login required)
SP6 Release Notes (PDF)

New Feature Summary

Major new features in Service Pack 6 include:

* A growing set of Enterprise-level plug-in monitors - Tailored to address specific monitoring requirements, plug-in monitors help you expand up.time's capabilities. up.time has repackaged its current set of plug-in monitors, all of which can be previewed on our Plug-in Page.
* New capacity planning reports - You can now create reports on network bandwidth, as well as disk bandwidth and operation times. Identifying the heaviest network and disk I/O users in your network can help you eliminate bottlenecks. New up.time reports also help you assess the performance of multi-processor systems.

Enhancements in Service Pack 6 include:

* Major performance improvements in Global Scan, My Enterprise & System Search
* Monitor TCP functionality updates
* Check for a process monitor error on 0 processes resolved
* Option to run up.time in UI only mode
* Archiving is now enabled by default
* License updating is now more fault tolerant
* AIX monitoring station licensing errors resolved
* VMware ESX v3 workload monitor alert output adjusted for large field values

New Feature Details

A growing set of Enterprise-level plug-in monitors
up.time has repackaged its current set of plug-in monitors, which can be downloaded from the Support Portal and after installation, are accessible from the up.time interface:

Visit the Plug-ins Page to view and download the latest plug-in monitors.

New capacity planning reports

* CPU Run Queue Threshold Report
This report lists the number of jobs that were ready to run but waiting in a queue for a given time period, which can help you assess whether systems are being overloaded.

* Solaris Mutex Exception
Mutex (mutual exclusion) locks can occur on multi-CPU Solaris systems when two or more threads are waiting for the same resource. This report indicates which systems are experiencing an unacceptably high number of mutex stalls by highlighting the averages that exceed the defined threshold.

* Disk I/O Bandwidth Report
This report allows you to keep track of disk I/O by tallying the total amount of data that has moved on and off each hard disk (reported as megabytes or blocks).

* File System Service Time Report
This report complements the Disk I/O Bandwidth Report, indicating which system disks (and file systems) are using an excessive amount of time to complete disk operations.

* Network Bandwidth Report
This report allows you to keep track of network I/O by tallying the amount of data that has moved in and out of each NIC on monitored systems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users