up.time 5.5 is now available for download at http://support.uptim...om/download.php.
Release notes are available at the bottom of the download page and on the Documentation page at http://support.uptim...cumentation.php.
A brief summary of uptime 5.5 changes includes:
• Enhancements to the Windows Event Log Scanner service monitor and Platform Performance Gatherer.
• Database Performance Improvements (please contact uptime Support for tuning assistance).
• New support for the following Monitoring Station platforms: Red Hat EL 6, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows 7 Pro SP1.
• New Agent support for the following platforms: Red Hat EL 6, SUSE Linux ES 10.4, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows 7 Pro SP1.
• New Monitoring Support for the following platforms: MS Exchange Server 2010 SP1, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, Scrutinizer 8.6.0 and Splunk 4.2.
Known issues that have been resolved include:
• Fixed issue where the File System Capacity monitor was not receiving correct information from target hosts on Windows mount points, resulting in not detecting or alerting on threshold violations.
• Corrected inaccurate Memory Swap Used value for Solaris Elements in Global Scan (note that this resolution requires the new 5.5 Solaris agent).
• Fixed issue where up.time core could become inactive and require a service restart after encountering a run-time error.
• Fixed minor potential security issue related to admin password changes via URL.
• The illegal error encountered when using the Splunk click-through link in Global Scan has been fixed.
Note that in addition to adding support for new platforms (as described above), some older platform versions are being phased out. Please refer to the release notes or the following KB articles for further details:
• Supported Platform Changes in up.time 5.5: http://support.uptim...icle.php?id=523
• Supported Monitoring Station Platforms in up.time 5.x: http://support.uptim...icle.php?id=518
• Supported Databases in up.time 5.x: http://support.uptim...icle.php?id=516
• Supported Browsers in up.time 5.x: http://support.uptim...icle.php?id=519
Note that you can upgrade directly to up.time 5.5 if your current installed version is up.time 5.3.x or higher. Please contact email@example.com for assistance on upgrading from older releases. For general guidance on this topic, please refer to the Installing up.time Service Packs KB article at http://support.uptim...icle.php?id=033.
Up.time 5.5 Released
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users