Photo

How To Add Netapp Monitor To Virtual Appliance?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 toffitomek

toffitomek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

HI,

I'm new to up.time but so far it looks like a great product!

I've downloaded virtual appliance, works fine so far, added some windows systems, but I would like to monitor our SAN with it.

I've found that there is Netapp Monitor available http://support.uptim...w.php?mod_id=26 but I'm not sure how can I add it to my VA. Any help will be appreciated.

regards
T

#2 Chris Kasza

Chris Kasza

Champion

• Uptime Software
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

Hi T,

How far have you gotten importing the Netapp Plugin monitor to up.time? On the page you reference, there are installation notes; if you have any troubles with those steps, let me know where and I can provide specific guidance.

Regards,
Chris

#3 toffitomek

toffitomek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Chris Kasza @ Nov 19 2011, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi T,

How far have you gotten importing the Netapp Plugin monitor to up.time? On the page you reference, there are installation notes; if you have any troubles with those steps, let me know where and I can provide specific guidance.

Regards,
Chris

not really far. just downloaded plugin :/

should I copy files via fastSCP and execute command on appliance OS?

thnaks

#4 Chris Kasza

Chris Kasza

Champion

• Uptime Software
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

Yes, you'll need to copy the plugin zip file over to monitoring station server, unzip it and place the individual files into the appropriate directories under the uptime directory as outlined in the installation notes.

After you run the erdcloader command, you should see the Netapp service monitor included along with other service monitors (click Services, then Add Service Monitor in the up.time UI to verify).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users