• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tkrn

tkrn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Is there a way to run a report or something that will tell me which systems are not "Currently being monitored?" We've had some issues with people forgetting to re-enable monitoring which puts us into a bind which is not good. Even if this is not do-able through uptime is there a SQL statement that we can run to see all the hosts that are being monitored or not?

Thanks!

#2 Chris Kasza

Chris Kasza

Champion

• Uptime Software
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

There currently is not a report in up.time to list which systems are unmonitored but you can use the following query in the up.time data store and I'll file a feature request to have such visibility considered for a future release.

select name, display_name from entity where monitored=0;

You can access the MySQL client to run the above query with the following command:
<uptime_dir>/mysql/bin/mysql -uuptime -puptime -P3308 --protocol=tcp uptime

Regards,
Chris

#3 TylerTech

TylerTech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Chris Kasza @ Apr 3 2012, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There currently is not a report in up.time to list which systems are unmonitored but you can use the following query in the up.time data store and I'll file a feature request to have such visibility considered for a future release.

select name, display_name from entity where monitored=0;

You can access the MySQL client to run the above query with the following command:
<uptime_dir>/mysql/bin/mysql -uuptime -puptime -P3308 --protocol=tcp uptime

Regards,
Chris

Hey Chris,
When I run that command to access the mySQL database I get this:

D:\uptime\mysql\bin>mysql -uuptime -puptime -p3308 --protocol=tcp uptime
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'uptime'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Any idea what i'm doing wrong? I'm running the default mysql on the same server as the uptime console, running on Server 2003 R2 Enterprise with SP2.

#4 Chris Kasza

Chris Kasza

Champion

• Uptime Software
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hi Tyler,

The port option character needs to be an upper case 'P'; your command lists a lower case p. Please try that and let us know if that works.

Cheers,
Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users